Frequently Asked Questions
Have Further Questions? Send Us A Question
A: Construction on the first building has begun; with our first suites ready for occupancy December 2018.
Q: Who is the developer and designer of 325 Park East Condominiums?
A: StreetSide Developments, Winnipeg's largest and longest-standing condominium developer, is the driving force behind this development. StreetSide is also a Qualico company (Western Canada's largest real estate developer), which has a legacy of over 60 years of delivering quality residences to Canadians.
A: If you are not yet ready to write a formal Offer to Purchase, you can place a temporary, short-term reservation on the condominium townhome of your choice (subject to availability), by meeting with our sales representatives and completing a Reservation Form together with a refundable deposit of $2,000. This deposit may then be directly applied to the Offer to Purchase, along with the remainder of the required deposit. The balance of your purchase price will be due just prior to occupancy. Please note that during our launch, appointments to make reserves will be made on a first-come, first-serve basis as per our priority registration list and those registrants will be contacted by our sales team.
Q: What are the advantages of selecting my townhome early, and are 325 Park East Condominiums purchase prices going to increase after construction is complete?
A: There are many advantages to selecting your condominium home early. For example, you may want to obtain a particular exposure and location within the development itself. It is also easier to customize and select materials and products when you are involved with the project at an early stage. Perhaps most importantly, you will be purchasing your 325 Park East Condo home at the lowest possible price. Park East Condos’ pricing will increase early in the construction period and continue to do so as various phases are completed.
Q: Is the GST included in the purchase price?
A: Yes. The net GST is included in the stated Purchase Price. The Purchase Price includes 5% GST net of the GST New Housing Rebate allowable. The Purchaser assigns the GST New Housing Rebate to the Vendor at time of closing. To be eligible for the GST Rebate, the Purchaser, or a member of the Purchaser's immediate family, will on closing occupy the unit as his/her primary place of residence.
Q: What are my real estate taxes likely to cost at 325 park East Condominiums?
A: Property taxes are to be set by the City of Winnipeg which does not confirm amounts until a later time. These taxes will be dependent on the size and purchase price of the unit.
Q: When will your display suite be ready?
A:Our display suites are currently open for viewing Tuesdays & Thursdays from 2 - 7PM and Saturday & Sundays from 12 - 5 PM. We have 5 display suites total showcasing all of our floorplans.
Q: Who will be selling this project, and how can I contact them?
A: 325 Park East is sold out of our sales office at #116 - 325 Park East Drive. Contact Myles Viklund, Derrick Li & Averie Hill at 204.793.1000 or email@example.com.
Q: What are the advantages of a Townhome Condominium and how does condominium ownership work?
A: A condominium is a legal form of shared ownership, where the owner holds title to the individual townhome and a shared interest in the building and grounds’ common elements. A condominium allows for the financial benefits of ownership while leaving the chores of property upkeep and maintenance to our professional property managers. Residents will purchase their condominium homes outright, and pay a monthly "condo fee" to fund all shared common area expenses.
Q: What are the Common Element Fees at 325 Park East Condominiums and what is included in the common element charge?
A: Common element fees will be in the range of $192 - $238 per month and will include snow clearing, yard maintenance, grounds-keeping & landscaping, common area lighting, building insurance (owners require separate insurance for condominium contents and betterments), service contracts and professional management. Owners are responsible for hydro, water, telephone, Internet, cable TV, contents insurance and realty taxes.
Q: As a unit owner will I have any part to play in the ongoing operation and management of 325 Park East Condominiums?
A: The project will be professionally managed by a property manager engaged by the Developers and later by the Condominium Corporation Board of Directors. As a unit owner in the development, you have voting rights in your condominium corporation. An annual general meeting of all unit holders will be conducted to review the business of the corporation. You may participate in the management of the corporation to a greater extent if you wish to stand for election to the Condominium Corporation's Board of Directors.
Q: Can I purchase a townhome at 325 Park East Condominiums and rent it until I am ready to occupy myself?
A: You may rent your townhome provided all rules and regulations of the Corporation contained in the condominium documents are complied with.
Q: How many floors and units will each building have?
A: 325 park East Condominiums consists of 2 thirty six-plex and 2 twenty four-plex, 3 storey stacked townhomes with basement suites.
Q: What type of insurance will I require for my new condominium home at 325 Park East Condominiums?
A: The Condominium Corporation will provide insurance for the overall building. Owners will require separate condominium-unit owners’ insurance on their contents and on any options or upgrades. The Condominium Declaration provides further information.
Q: Is parking available? How many parking stalls are included with my purchase at 325 Park East Condominiums and are extra stalls available?
A: All townhomes include one single outdoor electrified parking stall. Also, some "Exclusive Use" outdoor parking spaces are available. These extra spots are dependent on availability and costs will be provided by our sales agents.
Q: Is there designated visitor parking at 325 Park East Condominiums?
A: There are 17 parking stalls designated for visitors and handicap.
• Custom designed Contempra melamine cabinets with under cabinet lighting
• Quartz kitchen countertop in decorative colours
• Double-basin under mount stainless steel sink
• Single lever pulldown faucet
• Black Stainless Kitchen appliance Package includes exterior vented over the range hood
• Contempra melamine vanity cabinets
• Laminate counter tops with contemporary edge profile in decorative colours
• Above counter rectangle sink on all vanities
• White 6 liter per flush toilets w/lined tanks
• Chrome sink faucets and matching tub/shower controls
• Pop-up drains on all sinks and tubs
• Centrally ventilated to exterior
• One-piece 5’ tub/shower in all main baths
• One-piece 5’ shower in all ensuite baths (for applicable models)
• Standard drain and taps for washer- location as per plan
• Engineered floor joists on main, second and third floors
• Premium grade 3/4” tongue and groove sub floor;
glued and screwed down
• Gypcrete floor underlayment on main and second floors
• 3/8” high density board under vinyl flooring
Floor Covering Features
• Luxury vinyl plank flooring throughout the suite
Planks come in 6” x 48” size
• Carpet with 7lb foam underpad in ‘Uptown’ bedrooms only
• Painted flat profile white trim including all baseboards and casings
• Two - panel, smooth style passage doors
• Fire-rated 2 panel door on top of the stair on second floor
• Fire-rated entry door on building 400
• Black passage & privacy door levers
• Privacy lock to master bedroom and all bathrooms
• Chrome bath hardware
• Weiser SMTK deadbolt for security on main floor entry doors
• Interior walls painted with primer coat and one finish coat
in standard builder colour.
• Flat-latex painted ceilings throughout all living areas
• Wire shelving in closets
Drywall & Insulation
• Demising walls are constructed of double stud wall with 1” air space between, two layers of gypboard sheathing and a layer of insulation (estimated STC rating of 66)
• Interior suite separation on main floor are constructed of single stud with single layer of gypboard sheathing on one side, fiberglass insulation and 2 layers of gypboard sheathing on resilient metal channel on the other side.
• Main and second floor are constructed of engineered joists with gypcrete floor topping, fiberglass insulation, resilient metal channel and double layer gypboard ceiling
• R20 fiberglass insulation on exterior walls
• R50 loose fill attic insulation
• Caulking applied on top and bottom plates to minimize heat loss and air infiltration
• Electrical pans to minimize draft at electrical outlets through exterior walls
• Insulation stops at cantilevered trusses and minimum 12’ heel height where required to accept R50 insulation
Electrical & Mechanical
• Decora light switches and plugs throughout
• Individual suite electrical metering
• Cable ready for MTS & Shaw. Telephone, internet & cable TV outlets, 2 in living room, 1 in master bedroom, 1 in bedroom
• Pre-wired for future alarm system
• Hard wired smoke detectors
• 220 volt service for stove & dryer
• 178L or 285L electric hot water tank depending on suite model
• Shut off valve for all interior taps
• Baseboard heat on central control
• Single or multi-split type air condition system depending on suite model
• Condensing units located on the balconies or patios
• Heat Recovery Ventilation System with in-line duct heater
• Designer Lighting package (as per plan)
• Vinyl siding, stucco, cultured stone, wood or cement board trims
• Pre-finished aluminum fascia, soffits, eavestrough and downspouts
• 20 year manufacturer’s warranty against peeling and flaking on pre-finished aluminum
• Tri- pane, Low-E, with Argon PVC windows and Dual pane, Low-E with Argon metal clad doors with manufacturer’s limited lifetime warranty on seal and hardware
• Steel reinforced basement wall on reinforced concrete pile foundation. Basement floor concrete slab on grade.
Basement concrete floor slab on grade is subject to movement depending on soil conditions. The builder cannot warrant against variation in floor level or minor cracking that might occur.
• Exterior walls 2” x 6” wood stud framing
• 7/16” oriented strand board sheathing (OSB)
• Special attention to seal top and bottom plate to minimize heat loss
• All demising walls between suites are double 2”x4” stud walls, with 1” air space between.
• Firewall on building 100 & 200 are double 2”x6” stud wall with 3/4” air space, M2 tech shaft liner, 3/4” air space in between.
• Engineered sloped roof trusses, 24” o.c.
• 7/16 oriented strand board (OSB) sheathing with H clips for stability
• Asphalt Shingles
Services & Utilities
• Location of all electrical lines, surface transformers, meters and other servicing apparatus determined by Manitoba Hydro. The Builder cannot guarantee positioning of this utility equipment.
• Professionally designed land drainage plan & site services system
Site Grading & Landscaping
• Completion of landscaping in central parking lot and common area as per construction schedule and as weather permits
Concrete walls, parking pads and sidewalks are affected by unpredictable ground movement which is an inherent characteristic of local clay soil. The Builder therefore cannot warranty these items for cracks and shifting. Exterior building finishes and landscaping will be completed as weather and construction schedule permits. Due to ongoing research and analysis, plans, specifications, materials and elevations are subject to change at the Builder’s discretion. The builder also reserves the right to make substitutions in the event of shortages in supply of materials. Substitutions will be of equal or better quality and meet the requirements of the National Building Code.
NOTE: All bolded items with the specifications have optional upgrades. Please see your sales consultant for available options. Any options not included in these lists are subject to a $250 administration fee.
Q: What rules and regulations should I know about with respect to 325 Park East Condominiums?
A: The rules and regulations will be described in detail in the condominium declaration and by-laws. These documents, typical to all condominium projects, describe in detail the rules regulating the use of the units, common elements, improvements, etc.
Q: How will I dispose of my garbage and recycling at 325 Park East Condominiums?
A: When construction is complete, there will be 2 enclosures for garbage and recycling bins. In the interim, StreetSide will provide 1 garbage bin and 1 recycling bin on the site.
Q: Where is mail collected?
A: There will be a central location for mail delivery.
Q: Are pets allowed at 325 park East Condominiums?
A: The project by-laws and declaration will describe the rules in detail, however a maximum of two pets will be permitted, the second one with board approval.
Q: What type of construction is used for 325 Park East Condominiums?
A: The foundation is concrete piles supporting steel reinforced concrete walls grade beams. Basement floors are concrete slab on grade. The upper structure is wood-framed with engineered floor and roof system. Each stacked townhome is separated by a double wall system, made of two layers of insulation and multiple layers of fire-resistant drywall which creates a superior fire- and sound-rated separation between units.
Q: What is the heating and cooling system used for the townhomes?
A: For heating, each Park East townhome will use baseboard heaters and for cooling a split or multi-split A/C. This system coupled with the HRV provides superior level of air quality as well as offering comfort and convenience to the homeowner.
Q: What security measures will be incorporated at 325 park East Condominiums?
A: Each townhome has an illuminated entrance and entry doors are supplied with deadbolt locks. All units are pre-wired for a security system – owners are responsible for the purchase and installation of an individual security system of their choosing.
Q: What is the common wall construction between condominium townhome units?
A: Common demising walls between condominiums are constructed using a double-wall technique, where two rows of studs of a conventionally-framed wall are separated by an air space. These walls are filled with sound insulation 'batts' and are finished with a double layer of drywall on both sides. The interior unit separation wall at main floor is composed of a single wall with batt insulation, one layer of drywall on one side and 2 layers of drywall on resilient channel on the other side. These are proven wall system with an above-average performance rating in regards to fire protection and reduction of sound transmission.
Q: What materials and features will the exterior of the building have?
A: The homes will feature large windows on the front and rear, and include a variation of dark vinyl siding, dark metal clad fascia, soffit and downspouts. Front elevations feature composite trim, versetta stone, and wood landing with clear glass and picket railing on the stairs.
Q: I am concerned about the chance of a fire at the building. How has this been addressed?
A: Although the event of fire is rare, this danger has been extensively considered at 325 Park East Condominiums. To stop the rapid spread of fire, the demising wall between units has a fire resistance rating of 1.5 hours. This type of protective wall also extends into the attic space above, protecting the roof area of the building and defending against the spread of fire from an adjoining unit. The interior unit separation wall between the main floor townhome and hallway to the upper townhome has a fire resistance rating of 1 hour. Main floor and second floor assembly have 1 hour fire resistance rating. All units are also equipped with a hard-wired smoke detector and private or shared entrances to the outside. This allows direct access to and from the townhome in the case of an emergency.
Q: Is air conditioning standard at 325 Park East?
A: All townhomes come with a Single or multi-split type air condition system depending on townhome model.
Q: Will there be an opportunity to build a deck and/or put up a fence at 325 park East Condominiums?
Q: What will the roadway construction be?
A: The roadway and parking areas within the 325 Park East Condominiums development will be asphalt.
Q: What type of roof will the buildings have?
A: 325 Park East Condominiums have an engineered wood truss roof, OSB decking and high quality laminate shingles.
Q: What kind of windows will be installed?
A: All windows at 325 Park East Condominiums are triple-pane, low-e, with argon for maximum energy efficiency. Doors have dual pane, low-e with argon.
Q: Can I customize my new townhome at 325 Park East Condominiums? What options are available if so, and how can I find out what upgrades might fit my budget?
A: If you select your new home early in construction commencement, you may customize certain aspects of the design and planning. The location of kitchens, bathrooms and main walls, etc. cannot be modified, but early purchasers can select from our menu of optional interior finishings to create their own personal look and lifestyle. Optional upgrades include: custom flooring, kitchen cabinets, countertops, a wide spectrum of interior paint colours and appliances. Once you purchase your new condominium, you will then have the opportunity to visit our new state-of-the-art, 3,500-square-foot Design Centre to meet with our design consultant and make your interior upgrade selections.
Q: Can I choose the paint colours for my townhome?
A: The standard paint colour for the interior of 325 Park East Condominiums is 'antique white.' If unit selection is made early in the construction phase you will have the opportunity to meet with our interior designer to discuss a wide choice of interior finishes.
Q: Can I select the type of flooring I want?
A: Many flooring upgrades are available if you purchase a townhome that does not have the selections chosen.
Q: Can I choose the type of kitchen cabinets for my townhome?
A: Flat panel Contempra cabinets are available in a variety of colours at 325 Park East Condominiums. Owners may choose from a range of optional or upgrade cabinet styles. Please speak to our sales team about scheduling a visit to our Design Centre, where an extensive range of cabinets, counters, tile and flooring are displayed.
Q: What appliances are included with my purchase price at 325 Park East Condominiums?
A: A kitchen appliance package, which includes full-size fridge, self-cleaning range, built-in dishwasher and over the range (OTR) microwave is included in the purchase price. A clothes washer and dryer set is also available as an upgrade.